Friday, April 10, 2009

defin8 upd8s

Let me start this by saying I am looking forward to other members contributing to this blog on a regular basis. Gonna be great! Much better than our Salon Reports!

So where are we at? We've added Mondays now as we really gotta get working for SummerWorks and rock.paper.sistahz, so we are in serious work mode. In addition to our sessions with ahdri, rAiz'n has been seriously busy. Anyway, we've had some great ideas for defin8 and some very indepth conversations. It seems that class is big topic that we want to explore. Class seems to encompass so many other concepts like race and consumerism to name a few and I feel like it's a topic that is a bit taboo.

We have also set some serious deadlines for ourselves, of which I don't know the dates of I must admit. I will find out and post on the rAiz'n calendar, so we can stay up to date. There have been some cool ideas floating around about the use of a dancescape which will underscore our piece (similiar to a soundscape but movement). This dancescape would be some compliation of all the movement sampler work that we have been doing in the last few months. I love this idea! Also, the idea of an everyperson (borrowed from 7th gen, but not used!) named appropriately Johnette (or as suggested by me Johnetta) who is experiencing the piece has been suggested and I love it.

We also want to explore the idea of some sort of game show called Name That Class or something to really put the idea of class front and centre.

At this point, we have a chart paper with lots of ideas brainstormed over 3 sessions and some homework (create a scene based on any of the topics we are exploring). I love creation as this chart paper and homework will eventually be shaped into something that will surpass my singular imagination. It all starts with a discussion!

Anyway, it's great that we have all come together now. We have also been asked to perform an excerpt piece for the SummerWorks launch in May which I agreed to without consulting the group. Don't hate me! It seemed like Michael needed to know sooner rather than later and I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity. I think this deadline is good though. It will force us to get something ready and push us further.

Looking forward to next week and I have get writing! I will be creating an easy domain for us soon so we can stay organized and keep all of stuff in one place. Peace out! Someone else will be blogging next time...

Sedina

No comments:

Post a Comment